This rally has about three thousand. Just the same, the old timers tell us that in the past there were between six and seven thousand coaches just to compare. Wow! We caravaned over from Salem to Redmond with about 32 other motor homes. Not sure I will do that again. We went 138 miles in over three hours for a whopping average of 38 miles per hours. I was lucky to get 7 miles per gallon because of the uneven speeds. It was good for us to see how it worked but, if we caravan in the future, it will be with only 3 or 4 others so we can control the speeds a little better.
Lot's of vender's with anything and everything you could want there. Just need a lot of money. (Nuts, I knew we forgot something!)
This is lot 16 the lot we were in. They were all like this. They had shuttle buses but most of the time Carol and I would just walk. It was actually faster then the bus most of the time. The power there was ran by big generators and were actually quite good. We used a full thirty amps a few times with not power loss. I was impressed with the set up.
This is the generator that powered our lot. They ran lots of junction boxes down the rows to hook up into.
We did have some good day trips in the area.
One of our day trips was to the John Day Fossil Beds and the Painted Hills.
These were formed over thousands of years.
The different metals in the soil caused the colors.
This was an ancient leaf in the fossil beds. Speaking of leaves, it's time to leave this place in route for a short stay in Vancouver Washington to see Carol's Aunt and Uncle, then off to La Conner Washington.
No comments:
Post a Comment