Note*

Note* You can click on any picture with your mouse to expand it. Push your "Escape" button to return to the blog.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

San Diego Segway Tour

For Carol's Birthday on February 22, 2012, Carol, Danielle and I did a Segway tour of Downtown San Diego and the Bay.  We started by watching an DVD training film on the Segway.  Then we got hands on personal training by one of the instructors.

Here George, our tour guide and instructor teaches Carol the basics.


They give you plenty of time to get used to the Segway before you hit the streets.



Danielle adjusting the helmet strap for Mom.


Taking a break along the way at Pet Co Park.  Danielle talking with our guide. 


Pet Co Park was about the half way mark on our tour.  By this time you are feeling pretty comfortable on the Segways.  Since we did well so far, George upped the controls on the Segway's so we could go even faster.  Ya Hooooo!!!




A quick pose for the camera in the Gas Lamp area Downtown.



Look Mom, no hands!  The Segways are amazing machines.  I was a little concerned about cruising down the busy side walks of Downtown San Diego and the Bay Front areas with all the people, especially on a bright beautiful sunny day.  It was no problem at all.  The Segway can turn on a dime.  These things maneuvered through the crowds of people with no problem.  Legally, you are considered pedestrians on the Segway so you have to ride on the sidewalks and cross the streets in the crosswalks so you do have to share the areas with people walking and with the cars crossing the streets.



Here we are on the end of the peer near Seaport Village with the San Diego Coronado Bay Bridge in the background.





I was born and lived in San Diego for basically all my life.  I know a lot about San Diego, but I have to admit, I learned a bunch more that I did not know on this trip from our tour guide.  He was very interesting and informative along the trip.  The tour and trip lasted about two hours.  It was so much fun.  What a great way to celebrate a Birthday.   Happy Birthday Carol!

No comments:

Post a Comment