Note*

Note* You can click on any picture with your mouse to expand it. Push your "Escape" button to return to the blog.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

BYU Education Week


Carol and I attended BYU Education Week from Monday, August 15th,  through Friday,  August 19th, 2016.  Days were long starting at 8:25 am and lasting to 9:25 pm if you attended all of the classes.  We chose to do so three of the fight days.  What a wonderful opportunity to gain additional knowledge.  I never thought I could gain so much in so little time!



                       This class was in the main Ballroom in the Wilkinson Center.
                As you can see, the classes were rather full at times.
              Panorama shot of the Ballroom when Gerald Lund spoke. (Click on this photo to get a better prospective.  Hit escape to return to regular size.)

Gerald Lund, one of Carol's favorite writers.  He wrote the book "The Work and the Glory" among many more!



President Jeffrey R. Holland spoke in the Marriott Center on Tuesday to a packed house.


Panorama shot of Marriott Center. (Click on this picture to enlarge and hit escape to return to regular size.)


                                          Here is the inside of one of the class rooms.



 Inside the Marriott Center and in the other class settings it is easiest to take a picture of the Power Point slides for latter reference.  It's funny as soon as a new slide it put up, it is a sea or cell phone cameras.



 Here is a example of one of the slide presentations I took a picture of for example.  All toll, I have over 300 pictures of slides I took alone.



I had to take of picture of this.  This guy next to me got real conferrable.  He sat down and kicked off his shoes and then tossed down his computer case and papers on the floor.  He then opened up his computer and started taking notes just like he was at home.




BYU is a fairly large campus.  They have these walkways that lead you over streets and parking lots to other parts of the campus.  As we walked over them to our other classes, we couldn't help to think of how many times our own Daughter Cassie walked over these same walk ways in route to her classes when she attended BYU years ago.




If you look closely at the middle of the mountains, you will see the famous "Y".













We had a wonderful time here at BYU even though the time went so fast!






1 comment:

  1. I'm super jealous! It's fun to see so many pics of BYU campus. It brings back so many memories! I'm glad you got to go to education week.

    ReplyDelete