We are back in Provo, Utah as of 3/21/2017 and will be here for at least one month. I will update this post from time to time.
We joined the Provo City Recreation Center. It is a very impressive place. Got a great deal for seniors for three months. (Yes, we will be here for the next three months.) Here are some pictures fo the place.
 |
| This is the Payson Temple. |
 |
| Carol inside of a custom truck at the Prepercon event we attended. |
 |
| Views while we walk along the provo river. |
 |
I got tired of lifting the bed to get to the storage so I designed an automatic lift.
It can lift over three hundred pounds. Sure saves my back! |
 |
| Control box to raise or lower the bed. |
 |
I put up an automatic Ham Radio Antenna lift on top of the motorhome. I used to have to
climb up on top and lift it up by hand and lock it into place. |
 |
| I used my old satellite TV lift which I modified to lift my antenna. It works great! I can control it from inside or outside. |
 |
Of course we have played lots of marble games.
Okay, well I thought I would just have to get my right knee scoped again. Much to my surprise, the MRI showed that my ACL is completely detached, my meniscus is torn, I have three stress fractures between my joints because I don't have any cartilage left in the joint. I am scheduled for a complete knee replacement on May 4th. We have reservations in the camp we are staying in until July 20th.Hopefully I will be in decent shape to travel south to San Diego for our Mission by then.
Update on 5/14/17
I did have my surgery and it went very well. So well I was able to come home a day early. I had physical therapy three days this last week and feel great. I can walk now unassisted on my own. I can climb up and down our five motorhome steps to get inside and out of the motorhome without any difficulty. I go back to the doctor on May 16th for a follow up appointment and should get the staples out. On another note, the snow is melting and filling all of the lakes. This week deer creek reservoir had to open the flood gates to release water into the Provo River to beyond flood stages. This is the river that skirts the north side of our campground. There is a berm that protects the camp. Here are some pictures to update this post.
Provo River in flood stage.
Standing on top of the berm protecting our campground from flooding.
This is the top of the berm and the river walkway in our campground.
Our campground.
Robin in the tree. |

Don't mean to gross you out but here is a pic of my knee.
Here I am stretching it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment